Site Information

VAT Exemption

Who can claim VAT Exemption Relief on purchases? 

Eligible Individuals: If you are chronically sick or disabled and the products are for your personal use. 'Chronic' meaning lasting a long time.

Eligible Charities: Where the goods are made available by the charity to a disabled person for their personal or domestic use.

 The government requires that you complete a VAT Exemption declaration form. If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible to receive goods or services zero-rated for VAT you should consult:

HM Revenue and Customs Notice 701/7 VAT relief's for disabled people Notice 701/7 VAT relief's for disabled people 

Or contact HM Revenue and Customs National Advice Service on 0845 010 9000 before signing the declaration.
It may not always be possible for a disabled person to sign a declaration (for example, if the person is a child or unable to write). In such cases, the signature of a parent, guardian, doctor or another responsible person is acceptable on the declaration.



 VAT declaration form available here


If placing your order online: Please create an account online and fill in and return the VAT exemption form to us. Please return your completed form to our address, or alternatively send a scanned copy to: Once we have received this we will be able to mark your account as VAT exempt. Every time you log in you will then be able to see all applicable products without VAT added.


If placing your order over the phone: Please complete and return the form to us either by post or emailing a scanned copy, before calling us to place your order. We can then put your order through with no VAT charged.